The Wharves Deptford
The masterplan for The Wharves Deptford has been developed over six months of community consultation from September 2014 to March 2015. Below is a headline summary of the scheme submitted for planning.
- 1132 mixed tenure new homes.
- Up to 21% affordable housing.
- 16% family units.
- New flexible workspace in the ‘Y’ building and near Oxestalls Road (approx. 7500m2 in total).
- Retention of the Victoria Pub, and a separate planning application to incorporate an interim training kitchen and incubator business space.
- A range of small to medium shops / cafes.
- A new linear park following the historic route of the Grand Surrey Canal.
- A new pedestrian and cycle link underneath Oxestalls Road.
- New pedestrian / cycle routes connecting Grove Street and Evelyn Street.
- Widened and improved pavements on Evelyn Street and Grove Street.
- 318 new trees
- General building heights between 3 and 12 storeys. Two taller buildings are up to 24 storeys.
- A visible energy centre.
Subject to planning permission, remediation would start later this year and the first buildings would be complete by mid-2018. Construction is divided into 6 plots over 3 phases, these are intended to be constructed on a rolling programme until mid-2022
The Planning Application
A planning application was submitted to Lewisham Council on 18 May 2015. This is a ‘hybrid application’, meaning the first phase is in more detail, including detailed information on the appearance and materials of the buildings. The latter phases are seeking outline permission, which determines the amount of development, building sizes, access points and design principles and will be subject to further design development and consultation. Lewisham Council will carry out Statutory Consultation on the planning application.
Planning Application Documents
The planning documents are available to download on Lewisham Council’s website. For ease of access, we have also provided low-resolution versions of the key documents below:
Design and Access Statement (DAS)
Explains the design approach and components of the proposed development.
The design code sets the rules for future detailed design of the outline parts of the application.
Design Code | 41MB PDF
Environmental Statement (ES)
– Non-Technical Summary
The Environmental Statement assesses the environmental implications of the development proposals over a number of documents. The non-technical summary provides an easy to access overview.
ES Non-Technical Summary
– Transport chapter
As a key area of local interest, below is the transport section of the Environmental Statement which summarises the transport assessment and effects.
ES Transport chapter | 300KB PDF
Statement of Community
This documents the community consultation process, including the findings and next step recommendations. It also tracks how the design has been informed by community consultation.
Statement of Community Involvement
Indicative images, showing how the development might look.
Visualisations | 2.4MB PDF